Saturday, April 30, 2005

silver and gold (to Rae and to Melissa)

So I went to the Byrd Cage and was found by Lisa and Melissa, who I know through my affiliation with the animal hospital.  Earlier today, Rae had told me, "you never know who you might find" (when you go out.)

This time it was Lisa who pointed me out to Melissa who came stalking after me in her slinky black dress.

They asked me to sit with them and I was a happy camper.  They are both sweethearts, and Melissa asked me about all kinds of things that I didn't realize she knew about me.

Now I don't know if that's because Cristy talks about me or because Melissa asks, or because this thing called "office gossip" exists.  Whatever it was, it made me wish I knew more about them to follow up and interrogate them, too.  Luckily, Melissa was free with relevant info., like: they're moving :o(  and they still intend to reproduce :o) and it's their one year anniversary!  99 more, girls! 

And Melissa, who works with a different vet now, was trying to get me to agree to take a kitten.  Yeah... that's how it starts.... (If you've been following me for a little bit, you know what I'm talking about.)

It's so good to be around people who are happy, like Lisa and Melissa, and Cristy and Derek.  Their happiness makes me happy. 

When I was a brownie scout, we used to sing a song that went: "Make new friends, and keep the old, one is silver and the other gold."  Words to live by.  Good advice.

Melissa even observed that I like women with some meat to them.  She's right.  All I ever really noticed about her (aside from her cuteness) was that she wasn't straight anymore!  LOL  I feel justified now for having to catch my breath when I first saw her....

Pleasant ending to the day.

No comments: