Tuesday, April 19, 2005

it gets better... haven't I been saying that?

So after that traumatic visit to the Saturn Service Department in the county seat, I have been checking around with independent mechanics.

The a/c clutch assembly can get new bearings for $120 ($50 parts, $70 labor).  The brakes do not need anything except for maybe a resurfacing of the rotors.  And the power steering does need to be made to stop leaking.

Power steering is a beautiful thing.  And brakes that work properly are more important than I know how to describe at the moment.

I often see people speeding and think I see the shadow of death in the passenger seat.  What's the matter with people?  They don't think enough about the people who would miss them if they died.  Or about the person who will have to wipe their drool if they crash their motorcycle while not helmeted.

What kind of biker-hater rescinded the helmet law?

Peace and freedom my Aunt Fanny!  Have you visited a trauma ward?  And them what dies be the lucky ones. 

But I digress....

Time, and talking to people who can help, has put a cushion of hope and relief around the blazing ball of concern over cash for car repair... and living in general.

Life is good.

No comments: