Wednesday, April 13, 2005

computer life recommendation

There's a little thing I like to do for my computer fairly often.  I clear out the cookies, the temporary Internet file and the history.  These things help my computer keep running right.

It's easy to do on AOL.  Click on "Settings."  Choose "Internet [Web] Options."  Click on "Delete Cookies" then click "OK."  Click on "Delete History," click on the box that asks if you want to delete all the offline files.

Now go to "Clear History" and click that, too.  Done.

I had been deleting the files and the cookies, but I neglected the history and my computer started acting funny.  The tech at AOL suggested I clear the history and now everything is flowing again.  The tech said that files in the history get corrupted and make things misbehave. (One bad apple....)

Hope that helps you.

No comments: