Monday, April 4, 2005

the Pride report

I FINALLY dragged into PrideFest about 2 hours after the parade... which can be the best part of the whole thing.  So I wandered looking for a woman I hoped to run into, but who knows what happened to her.  We didn't find each other. Maybe she found other people and didn't need to find me anymore!.

Then I saw my friend Carlos sitting in front of the stage so I went and sat with him.  Then my other friend from here, L, showed up and sat with us or got up and gabbed with her buddies.  When the fest ended, L and I went to a bar and hung out, eyeballing the women while L gave me some pointers on flirting. 

She's buttery smooth.  Me, I'm wallflower sticky.  I have my good points but being the social butterfly is not one of them.  I meet people one at a time.  I invest time in them, see if I'm going to like them. Only after I get to know them do I start flirting.

L has a nice approach... flirt and ask the questions simultaneously.  Me...  I need some information.  I need to figure out if I might want to kiss you....  I don't just instantly want to kiss anybody... although there have been women that gave my poor heart a start at first sight. I think if there was a lot of magnetism I wouldn't waste much time though.  Certainly if you showed interest in me it might go all the quicker. There has only been one person I ever kissed on the first date... but I've already told that story.  There's something to be said for looking before you leap and then when you feel like leaping... looking a little more

 

 

 

 

No comments: