Tuesday, April 5, 2005

When I'm dust

I was going to write about what I'm doing today.  I was supposed to go to C's and let her be my Annie Liebowitz, but I was too beat to get up in time.  Actually I got up and ate and then crashed again.  I haven't been feeling to well.  I think I wore myself out Sunday.

And I'm downloading some security updates for my computer.

I was thinking about a diary I read as part of an assignment when I worked for The Jupiter Courier.  It was an woman settler who described the life, the bugs, how one had to travel for days to go anywhere, what small things were wondrous treats.... Life here was so very different then.

One hundred years from now, if our journals aren't obsoleted, someone may access them and be amused by our quaintness and by our speech patterns.  Computers may be so ordinary... cell phone?  Heck, everything might be in an earring or small pendant.  A chip in the thumb.  Who knows?

I really don't think that armageddon and the rapture are at hand.  And I am sure without any doubt that life will continue. I really am confident of human ingenuity.  I can only hope that Darwinism proves itself because we do seem to be getting dumber... but when you look back on history, we've always been ignorant of the consequences of our heartfelt follies.  Still we proceeded at ramming speed, heads down....

So for future generations, here is how I spent my days... (because I can only speak for myself):

Sunday: Sleep as much as possible.  Go to Dad's and observe conflict and discomfort, chat happily with step-mom about a myriad of topics, listen to step-brother's spoiled rant, run errands.

Monday:  Get up and get ready for work, including making breakfastm bathing and dressing.  Time required, about 45 minutes, sometimes less.

Tuesday: Usually, but not always my day off.  Stay in bed as long as possible. Do something, maybe.  Should go to father's to help step-mother and her helper clean the house.  Don't feel like it.  Maybe go see C.  Maybe not.  Give quality time to feline animal companion.  Compute, chat, cyber, blog.  Maybe watch a DVD or some of a DVD.  Wash car.  Mow lawn.  Clean house. (HAHAHAHAHA... yeah, right!)

Wednesday: Work from 11 to 8.

Thursday - Saturday: Work from 8:30 to 5:30.  Some Saturdays leave works here and go to animal hospital and work for another two hours.  Make $12.  Oooo.

Friday night, go to C's unless something more interesting is up or am in a cranky mood.  At Cristy's hang with her friends, eat, gab.

Sunday night, go to Cristy's to watch various series on cable, hang out with her friends, occupy couch space. Play with her dog.

Saturday night (or Friday night): wish I had the strength, the companionship and the money to hang out at gay bars up the road even though I do not drink much at all and am not a schmoozer.  It's just good to be around people where you can be who you are.

This is small insight.  It's too bad that the future cannot ask us questions directly.

1844

No comments: