Wednesday, April 20, 2005

If you stop, they win.

This time I'm not talking about reversi.  This time I'm talking about major bad people.

I'm talking about the World Trade Center and other things.

I was working at a newspaper when the news came.  There were TVs around and we watched like everyone, stunned, helpless.

Then later there was something about postponing or cancelling sporting events and other things.

That was it.  We have to keep going, when our hearts are breaking, when are backs are breaking, when our collective soul is very low.  That's when they win, if we give up, if we slow down, if we relent or give an inch.

Winston Churchill said it: "I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to defend our Island home, to ride out the storm of war, and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone." 

Never give up the good fight.  Never surrender, not on the terms of brutal cowards.

No comments: