Sunday, April 10, 2005

I see you

I have a chat buddy who I don't talk to anymore because she is in love.  I am happy when I see her on because I know she is getting communiques from her girlfriend.  I am glad that I helped her along the way and that she doesn't have much use for me anymore.  I think she sees me, too.  I think she knows I'm here if she does want to talk. I always say, having heard this bit of wisdom somewhere myself, that people are in your life for a season, a reason or a lifetime.

People are in your heart forever and pieces of them become some of the best, and occasionally the worst, parts of you. 

Sometimes it's subtle, like a vocal inflection.  Sometimes it's as radical as a haircut.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the little snippets ie..."people are in your life for a season, a reason or a lifetime. "

i am in a drama right now in my life..i have a friend that is dying of cancer. she has pain all the time and the medical profession will not give her the amount of medicine that she needs to be "comfortable"....so because of that she has to deal with the riff-raff of pill sellers....and i am upset because they keep her stoned as they slowly ripp her off....such as take her car and stay out all night.. screen her phone call and who she can talk to and who she can not....its too much for me...

she is dying so what does it matter if she gets ripped off...

i have to look at my realtionship with her....

am i there for the season.???.....nah.....i dont think so
am i there for a reason......??? yes....i have been very helpful to her many times...i have saved her husbands life by making it clear that she needed to take him to the VA....he was very sick...and was dying...othere things too...silly things like showing up at the right time cause their water line broke...

am i there for a lifetime ????  i dont know...i think that i am just suppose to dissappear now.and go back to my life and be with the people who i know that i am spending my lifetime with....ie my hubby ..my children....my mother.....and most of all me


thanks again for the snippits.....

peace out

Rebecca