Saturday, April 30, 2005

Oi.

I am still here at home, having not accomplished anything except lunch.  I have laundry waiting to spin so I can hang it.  I am the crown princess of procrastination.  Oh wait... I did bathe, and even shave.  Now I am butt nekkid... starkers.  Just too lazy to dress while time slips by my door.  Geez, it's almost four p.m!  But my first Saturday off in three years (with the exception of the hurricanes)... I hardly know what to do with myself, anyway.  I might go out tonight (Alone, if I have to) just for the novelty of it.

I should clean and I should do some shopping AND write and send a check to my landlord.  I should finish that load of laundry (by letting it spin then hanging it out.)  I should go to Dad's, too.  I promised my step-sis I'd help her shop for something she wants.  She is due back from college... yesterday?  My bad.

And I should be working on finding a new job! I've had offers from friends, but I need something better than I've been doing.  No, the library is very good work but the library system has treated me very unfairly.  I'm a good, loyal, steadfastly dependable, honest worker.  I go out of my way to do things not assigned to me, but it means nothing. 

The interim manager has a narrow view of things and shares it as gospel.  My career there has ground to a halt because of it.  I am not stagnant water.  Bye, library... ASAP!

Gifted with not being good enough for an interview for a permament position after THREE YEARS of service...  it isn't likely they'll renew my contract, I'm thinking.

Bad people!

Someone I nearly dated said I was good enough to get published.  I couldn't talk her into becoming my agent, though.  We seem to have fallen apart since. 

That's life, no?

No comments: