Wednesday, April 6, 2005

one touch of the keyboard makes the whole world kin

Did ya' get here from a link in someone else's journal? Do you ever check out the links to other journals and their links to other journals?

I've visited the thoughts of Conservative Republicans, young adults, drama queens of every sex, artists, comedians, librarians, old men, pilots, actors, mothers, fathers, and even that of my best friend.

There are things I could have lived without knowing and things that made me roll my eyes (because I'm older and I've already been through it.)  There were things that made me laugh and things that upset me.  The beauty of it is that it's as close as I can ever come to my ultimate writer's fantasy of being a fly on the wall everywhere in the world.

It makes me wonder of we couldn't play the six degrees of journalees (journalers?)  Imagine it:  "Yeah, I know of artist Judi Heartsong.  I linked to her through NJLittleBear.  Two degrees."

You know what I want?  I want to read a Japanese blog, Israeli, Russian, Filipino, Saudi Arabian, American indian, Argentinian, Swedish.  The primary difference will probably be what they don't say about their government.  It's still legal here in America to say bad things about our politicians.  If I wanted to I could say something slanderous, like: J. Edgar Hoover was a cross-dresser.  (OK, that was true.  I'm no fool.  I wouldn't intentionally misuse the privilege of free speech by telling some facetious untruth.)

Ahhhh, freedom.  Use it while we got it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you hit on what I love about the journals, and I never thought of it quite that way before...... getting to see the little bits and pieces that people share can be funny and heart-stopping and surreal. It is an honor to be allowed into people's space.
:):):) judi