Saturday, April 2, 2005

PrideFest

Today and tomorrow, Lake Worth, Florida.  Hundreds of gay and various-oriented and gendered people will gather to wander booths, watch entertainment, hang out and bake in the sun OR try to stay dry.

If I can talk myself into going alone, I will get there before noon to watch the parade.  If I wasn't tired tonight I'd schlepp to the Port St. Lucie bar to find out what the world's plans are, but I am beat.

Maybe I won't be alone.  Maybe I'll see someone I know.  More likely I'll steal among the crowds unnoticed, watch other people having themselves a time and go home and sleep.  I did the laundry tonight after work in order to be able to have the option open to me.

Or maybe I'll just rest on my laurels of knowing what it's like to be there with someone you love and send good wishes from afar while I recline across clean sheets and piss away another Sunday while the world spins, regardless of my existence.

I'm tired.  I'm lonely.  I sure could use some lovin' from a good woman -- or even a bad one. 

I could settle for camradery...  any takers?

Oh well.

 

No comments: