Sunday, April 10, 2005

Who are these people?

So I'm playing Reversi and I land one corner and the opponent resigns.  Or I'm playing and it starts to seem like I'm dominating the board and they quit.  What's up with that?  You can't get better at something if you keep copping out.  In Reversi it isn't over until the winning piece is turned over.  You can think you're winning and then suddenly the board changes color. 

These people who give up so soon are really missing something.  I might be taking them to school.  Or I might be the one who gets schooled.  But if they quit, they'll never know what the true outcome would have been.

If it looks like you might fail, don't give in.  The only failure is quitting before it's time to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"if you think you are beaten you are, if you think you dare not you dont, if you would like to win but think you cant its almost a cinch you wont."
My eight grade english teacher made me memorize that poem what I have written is only an excerpt, this entry reminded me of it.
:) Cristy

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of people in Magic Online who quit if you play one Land Destruction spell, or concede on turn 3 when your deck is rolling and theirs is sputtering.