Monday, April 18, 2005

Powaqqatsi, or... just not an automaton

Such a day!

So one of the very big people in the library system came to our branch to talk to me this morning.  She came to explain why she didn't call me for an interview.  Based on the interim branch managers reviews, I wasn't good enough to sit at a desk and check out and shelve books all day.  Yet I do that, reference, research, book repair, help patrons on computers and am a resource to other staff members... but I'm not nifty-swifty enough to do just two things all day.

I've been there three years.  She said I am not properly trained.  What?

On the other hand, she did apologize for the harrassment I have received at the hands of a co-worker since I started.  At least they put a stop to that.

So what have I learned?  That maybe when the boss who treats you right leaves it is time to think about going too.

Meanwhile, I have been watching a film called "Powaqqatsi."  It's a Spielberg/Lucas thing.  It's footage of human activity and buildings set to music.  There's a lot of walking because most all of it is set in Asia and Europe.

If you can handle something without a plot or dialog, if you like moving art, slow-motion people-watching set to strange music, this is for you.

Tomorrow if I have the wherewithal, I will job hunt.  Gonna be fun explaining the situation to my Dad.  He's upset enough about my money problems which he can do little to help me with because of my step-mom's spendophilia.

Whatever.

Tonight, I wish there were arms to cuddle in.

Powaggatsi is a word from the Hopi language. Powaq = sorcerer, qatsi = life.  It means "life sorcerer," an entity that consumes the life forces of other beings in order to further its own life.

What irony.  The library sucked the life out of me....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you a job you are happy in. judi