Monday, April 11, 2005

C who loves me

I had a nice day today.  I met with R2 (the woman I missed finding at PrideFest.)  She's pretty nice and I'm glad I finally met her.  I called my friend L over to the restaurant/bar and she got to meet her too.  That was a good thing.  The more of us we know the better off we are.

My friend C came along and that helped me out because although I flow in writing, in person I am quiet and seem timid.  I don't look people in the eyes nearly as much as I should.  It's too distracting.  L has been talking to me about that, having me look into her bright blue eyes... which isn't easy to do because they are very distracting.

So it was very nice to have two honest-to-God lesbians paying attention to me at the same instant... and kind of odd.  I'm not accustomed to two people on opposite sides of me looking at me at once.  You need chameleon eyes for that.

Then I parted from these two friends, went home to feed my cat then went over to Cs house for the Sunday night routine.

Right now, we are watching "Deadwood" and choosing something to do shots to.  Bodily injury was my suggestion.  Three of the prostitutes were murdered and one guy got punched.  G (A male newcomer to mention in this journal) poured us some sort of weak lemonade or limeade with Vodka in it.  Then he made more that had a stronger kick... that was just about the time the prostitutes started getting killed off. 

I like G.  I enjoy rubbing his derriere because I can get away with it.

Then we watched "Fat Actress."  It's so whacky and crazy.  Kirstie Alley is a bit of all right to be such a good sport about making fun of herself and all of her friends.

At some point, I went onto the porch where C and G were having a ciggy, and C was running her hands through my hair and I was already fading so I guess I fell asleep right there.  She woke me up so I'd get up and go into the spare room to sleep.

I'm not a drinker, really.  C was all too happy to tell L and R2 this evening that I was a cheap date.  (V used to call me a "pantywaist."  Alcohol goes straight to my head.  It doesn't take much.) So naturally when there's any away-from-home boozing to do, I get to be the designated driver.

Don't get me wrong.  C loves her husband D.  He is a sweetheart.  I noticed that after a few hours with three lesbians she was more cuddly than usual with him tonight. 

It reminds me of a seen in "Tipping the Velvet" when one of the women's brother walks in on the two of them in bed.  He just registers surprise and, looking askance, says what's on his mind and then leaves.  After he closes the door, the two women laugh and the heroine says "I believe your brother is the best kind of man." 

Yeah, that's D. 

G isn't so bad, either.  ;x

 

 

No comments: