Sunday, April 24, 2005

Go north, old dyke

Port St. Lucie

I know that other goils and bois flock to West Palm Beach and Lake Worth, and Ft. Lauderdale and Miami to have their gay old tymes... but I have my drag queen, Kelli Randell, at the Byrd Cage in Port St. Lucie, Fla.  (The "y" in Bird is a "lambda.")

www.kellirandell.com  His website is a little lame but what do you want from a girl?

Okay, he isn't the best lip-syncher, but he gets pretty wild with his costumes.  We bonded a little years ago when I bought him some flowers and told him what I thought of him. (I don't think I've ever talked to him since.) He actually does a lot for charity and this alone is enough to endear me.

Drag shows give me a reason to go out when I am alone.  Seriously, after you've seen a few men in dresses, it gets old.  But it's fun to hand them money and get a smooch or a hug.

And when they leave a trail of bills behind, those are called "drag droppings."

I wish I was masculine.  I would love to give the drag kind thing a shot.  But my hips are the wide, child-bearing kind....  I envy the queens for their narrows hips!

And Kelli has lost quite a bit of weight since this photo was taken.  He's looking svelte.

He has a routine that straight people love.  Lip-synching to "All by Myself" he whips out a fake wang and doggedly pursues... happiness.  I never will forget how much it made my friend "The Bird" laugh when she saw it. (She is the STRAIGHTEST woman I know.)

What is so appealing about a man all gussied up?

My grandmother always said that men were prettier than women. She may have been right.

Some of them sure seem to enjoy a dress much more than I do!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think some men have a lot more in commen with peacocks then you would think!