Sunday, June 5, 2005

what they didn't tell me

They didn't tell me:

Don't bother to bring your alarm clock.  The dogs will wake you up before the sun to be let out to pee.

Lightbulbs, step-ladders, TP... they didn't tell me where to find these things, either.

Our bed is rock hard.  Nope, didn't let me in on that.

I can't complain.  I'm not complaining.  It could be far worse.

Fortunately I used to clean this house....  there have been no rude surprises.

The most surprising thing to me is how much of my own stuff I have brought over.

I have watched other houses and pets farther away and brought less.  But then again, I am here for 19 days.  That's longer than usual.

If I could fill my days with house-sitting, it would give me an excuse to jettison everything I couldn't squeeze into an old, small Saturn sedan.

At this point, what difference would being rootless make?

 

No comments: