Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I just laughed

Yesterday after work, I drove south to meet a woman who had asked me to dinner. I arrived early, got a table and waited... and waited.

After almost half an hour, I went to my car for my cell phone and called.  I left a message which was friendly.  I said I think I have the right time and the right place... but no you.  I'll talk to you later.... All said with a smile.  I really wasn't upset.  I have a very comfortable feeling here because I am not under any pressure with this woman.

She said that she would have called but didn't have my number.  I realize that if she was a little brighter, she would have called the restaurant.

She gave me her reason as I drove home over the Intracoastal Waterway.  I laughed as the tires hummed across the bridge.

She is not the Baleboste.  The Baleboste would have called the restaurant or done something else.  That's why she is the Baleboste (baal-a-boss-tay).

I like the Baleboste. Her voice in my ear makes me happy.  It seems to slide down to my heart.

The gal who didn't show up yesterday, she seems pretty nice, too....

No comments: