Saturday, June 25, 2005

Hamartia, hamartia, hamartia / Popularity

(pronounced huh-mar-sha)

Hamartia is something that leads to your downfall... a tragic flaw or character weakness, an action, event or even an error in judgement that brings about a bitter ending.

for me it seems to be large women.

Damn! 

 

This morning I am chagrined.  I have been feeling, and I tend to sink more, when I think about artsy essays.  I don't think that I can write for the popular vote.  But I have a dream...

a Judi Heartsong painting.... (heavy sigh)

That's something I want to earn.

I wish that I created something to give as an award.  Heck, I can't even afford the raw materials to make something you can hold and admire.  But sometime I would like to "take a crack" at painting again.  To paint well, you need TIME.

K

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

luckily it is not judged by the popular vote.......... I just need to come up with the right subject for you....... judi

Anonymous said...

Naww, don't bother.  Just do your thing...  I need to not be Susan Lucci here.  Bleck!