Saturday, June 4, 2005

dose of my own medicine

I envisioned what a friend who discovered the woman who won't stop calling me might write to her.  Then I likened it to my own sick desire to communicate with V. (Except that I have exercised as much control as I can stand.  I do not call her or send flowers or....)  You have been watching me recover from something so very painful. Such a waste of energy for all parties.  It's ending though.  Thank God.

I am writing in regards to my very good friend J. You have been calling her incessantly.  She has gotten your messages.  She doesn't know how to respond to you. Let me tell you a few things about J, XXXX XXXX XXXXXXX of XXXXXXXX, Texas.... She is a very sweet, sensitive, hard-working person.  She lives in each day. You trying to suck her back into a life she has left far behind isn't doing her any good. She is happy and healthy and thriving.  She doesn't know how to tell you that she doesn't have anything to offer you.  You calling, sometimes several times in a given day, hurts her.  Moreover, it constitutes HARRASSMENT.  I'm asking you to stop calling her and to also leave her family alone as well. Please, if you really care about her, leave her alone.  Respect her decision to move only forward.  Pretend that she is dead.  Get yourself some new friends.  You aren't bad.  You just aren't right for what she needs in her life.

No comments: