Thursday, June 16, 2005

the blush of Pride / the smell of Dad

Carlos came hustling up to me in the parking lot today to get a better look at my face and to pity me.  I'm thinking he checked my journal....

Carlos keeps checking for men and jobs in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami.  If he leaves, I'll cry!  I actually want to have him over to my parents house for dinner.

I was asked to go to my step-mother's father's house on Father's Day.  I am thinking I want to get my Dad to come visit with my Friday/Sunday friends instead.

I do not relish going to mum's parents.  You have to hold your fork just so.  Eccentric millionaires are annoying, although he has a fun streak in him.  He cracks jokes and tells tall tales.  And when he has had enough of you, he suddenly rises and and says "It's been nice seeing you."  Mum's step-mother is very nice, also.

I'm glad my grandparents were just good and caring people instead of rich.  Money messes people up.

Grandfather George is a conservative Republican.  The first time I met him he talked about how the gays want special rights....  Ugh. 

I impressed him with my ability to secure rolling awnings.  We were at an old-fashioned beach club in South Florida.  One with an outdoor changing cabana and a salt-water swimming pool.  It started to rain.

He frequently goes on cruises.  His hobby is to medal in the deck walking contests... what a life.

No comments: