Tuesday, June 28, 2005

shelve to the right, PLEASE!

I spent the morning moving the entire large print section down one whole shelf.  I never was very good at math, so I am not aware of the proper theorem of library calculus that shows that moving one shelf in order to make more room for the whole will prove pointless.  By the time I got back up to the As, Bs and Cs there was still little room.  I had to move all the way to the back and squeeze more books in the shelves I had already moved.

Euclid and Pythagoreus were looking down and shaking there heads.  And old Ben Franklin just glanced over his specs and poured them all another beer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol good entry :)

Cristy

Anonymous said...

As the person regarded by most to be the Shifting Expert Du Jour, I must say that its 1 part estimation, 3 parts experiance, and 6 parts screwing-it-up-and-moving-the-same-stuff-several-times. :P

Anonymous said...

this just cracked me up. judi