Sunday, June 5, 2005

'Tis Herself

This lovely, expressive work of art is a masterpiece by C's precocious, angelic, future hellion of a daughter.  It is a portrait of me.

It actually is very good.  It manages to express mischief and my wild hair.  There's that intelligent brow, that crooked smile.

It also expresses that the little girl loves me.  It's very warm.

It is pencil on paper.  It belongs in a fine museum.  I think it shows promise... and a cubist influence!

And even though spelling my name with a G makes me grit my teeth I think it's great! 

(Who, in their right mind, spells it "Gean" instead of Jean?  That's just freakish!)

I think she's got a good instinct, raw talent, a good eye.  I believe she has "captured" me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwww, that is very sweet indeed. Save it! :) judi