Wednesday, June 1, 2005

Just a little more

I've had this pain for several days... don't know what it is.  Finally made an appointment with a doctor.  Yesterday, however, it was intense.  Moving in certain ways meant sharp, instant pain.  I wanted to give up.  I wanted to go sit down.  I wanted to ask the manager to let me go home, but I heard the voice; "Just a little more." 

I don't hear voices as a rule.  It's not an audible voice.  It's a thought in my head that seems to come from somewhere else.  I think if people were more honest, they'd admit that sometimes they seem to be guided by the unseen.

I've heard this before.  My mother had died and I got up to go over to the school where I volunteered.  However, when I got to the end of the driveway, I went and sat on the edge of the pond.  I was sad.  I didn't want to do anything.  I wanted to disappear, to implode.  And then something seemed to whisper insistently into my ears, directly into my heart, "Get up, baby, and go to school."

Every now and then, when I want to fold, something pushes me on.

What or who... well, it may be the love that has left me reminding me that it really hasn't.

3357

No comments: