Wednesday, June 29, 2005

sometimes the point stabs you in the eye

I did get my lazy self up and do some cleaning.  I realized that I really need a shower.  And then, even though the weather sucks, I'm going out to get supplies.

Something always gets me going and keeps me going.  I don't necessarily believe that it's me.

I must have a purpose here though it is not immediately obvious.

I know that there were things I did that helped V.  Maybe I am here to help someone else in some small yet significant way, too.

I'm pretty sure if there wasn't some kind of reason I would have died long ago.  There have certainly been opportunities for God to take me... but maybe God already has me. (Whatever God is.)

 

Thursday morning addendum:

I should have written this differently or found another way to phrase it.  What I was trying to say is that no matter how low I get, something leads me on.  I don't know what my purpose is but I must have one or I wouldn't exist.  When I am down, somehow the lift back to my humanity comes and I get up and I go on.

Maybe it's the title, which seems harsh.  Maybe I should have said "kicks you in the ***" or "stands you on your feet."  But I was trying to convey the strength of the surge of "git up."  I wanted it to be soooo obvious.

I was feeling down to start with, but when I wrote this I was already back.  Sometimes we all fail. I'm not going to change a word.  Time will erase the blogger's art soon enough. (Time being infinitessimal.)

 

 

 

4040

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you hang in there. I think we all feel this way sometimes. judi