Friday, June 10, 2005

haircut superstition

When I am about to meet a new woman, I get vain. In the past, I have gotten my hair cut before I met them.  But I waited until after meeting the latest this time.  It doesn't seem to make a difference.  Things still slide into the mud. 

I an not generally superstitious but I have somehow managed to attribute a prelude to romantic failure to getting my hair cut and to one other thing; taking my new girl to Cristy's.

In the past, it was taking a date to the animal hospital holiday party that seem to herald the beginning of the end.  With V, she went to Cristy's without benefit of the party.  Soon after was the first time she pushed me away.

I have been in different states with each woman when I bring them to Cristy's.  Some I have been intimate with already but there was one who got her first kiss from me at Cristy's.  Almost all go away soon after.  And I was the one who dumped the one I kissed there for the first time.

Well, you have to know that almost immediately after my haircut things started to take a downturn with Wendy.  Oh, things are still loose and light and friendly but there is a dark side to it.  I guess I should just be happy to be seeing it right away instead of further down the road.

And I suppose I am more watchful now, having had my heart crushed on the railroad tracks.... (metaphorically, allegorically)

I know that a haircut is not some psychic catalyst, but you really have to wonder.

Nothing is as usual now.  People who know me would be surprised to have seen me drinking beer, doing shots and smoking terbacky tonight.  Maybe I needed to.  I think I've had enough **** lately.  It felt good to be destructive and light-headed and numb and giddy.  Tomorrow, though....

I needed to enjoy my friends.  I was so happy to be going to be with people who actually do give a hang about me.  I've had enough falsery and nonsense in the last few years to last a long damn time.

That's all I have to say... because I'm going back over to be with my friends, my loved ones.

Goodnight.

{{not fer nuthin... no pot, never again. promise kept, PW.}}

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I weed them out honey........................
:) Cristy

Anonymous said...

LOL LOL... well, maybe I need you to take a flame-thrower to the bad ones... your present method is too subtle and too slow!
Oh wait, SO FAR, they're ALL bad ones....
I need you people to stop weeding and start seeding!  Help me find a flower!

Anonymous said...

You? Drinking shots and smoking?  Yeah, that'd be a but of a shock to the system, since that is out of character for the you I knew way back when.  Still, we aren't characters, are we? We're unscripted, so we never know what we might do next!  Anything and everything is possible. Ain't it the balls!?

Anonymous said...

You? Drinking shots and smoking?  Yeah, that'd be a bit of a shock to the system, since that is out of character for the you I knew way back when.  Still, we aren't characters, are we? We're unscripted, so we never know what we might do next!  Anything and everything is possible. Ain't it the balls!?