Wednesday, May 11, 2005

your home computer

The beauty if having a home computer is that you can lay around in the buff submitting job applications on your day off.  (Kind of makes me wish I had a fax.)

I have some advice in regards to servers.

Yahoo! is a good mail server but is very unresponsive to human questions.  I have a hard time trusting them after an issue I had with my account information including my credit card number.  I never got a human response from them that ever meant anything. 

I still use Yahoo! but for excellence in customer service, I choose AOL.  You can ask for help any time of the day or night and get a live person.  They follow up on you, too, if you don't get what you need. 

Microsoft has also proven itself helpful.

So my advice is to use Yahoo! for superficial chat and do your serious business through a server dedicated to quality customer service.

AOL's journals are easier to use than livejournal.  I am just now checking out Blogger as well but it seems also unforgiving.  With AOL Journals you can go right in and edit or even delete your entries with ease.

Ya' gotta like that.

Please note: I Google.

2881

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

<i>With AOL Journals you can go right in and edit or even delete your entries with ease.</i>

Maybe its because I've never used AOL Journals, but LJ always seemed pretty easy to me for basic stuff like that...

There's always Gmail.

Yahoo is pretty impersonal.

AOL has its perks, but I still think its the Lesser Computer Satan (Microsoft is the Great Computer Satan).  The difficulty in getting unsubscribed to them comes to mind...