Sunday, May 22, 2005

Yesterday

Yesterday started around 7 a.m. and ended around 2 a.m. today.

I went to work and it was very quiet.  A few kids came in the library, and I, disoriented by having had Friday off (and Thank God for that -- tell you why later) was wondering why.  (Hours later, I realized it was Saturday.)

I left work and drove into the county seat.  I stopped at my father's house for a peanut butter sandwich because I was hungry.  I said Hello to my Dad, step-mom and brother.

The I went to the "old downtown" section of the city.  The Lyric theater is at least 80 years old. That is where C's daughter as well as the Dr's daughters were going to be performing.

I found C's family, Sandy (her mother), Jesse (her sister), Carol (her mother-in-law), Bill (her mother-in-laws significant other), Derek (her husband), Lisa (her closest local friend), and Geoff (I am not sure how to describe Geoff.  He is a handsome, clean, funny, short, long-haired, pink-cheeked, probably straight, young man.)

The doctor was out in the lobby, too.  Her two daughters were also in the performance.  Her older daughter is very petite.  She must be 11, maybe 12 now, but she is short and very thin,  She has almost-white blond hair.  This little girl is a diva.  There's no other word for her.  She is cold and calculating and full of herself.

Her younger daughter is the product of her union with her second husband, a neurotic, bug-eyed man.  This little girl is more about love and concern.  She is sort of plump and can appear empty-headed, but she actually is smart, observant.  She can do math in  her head at the age of 8.  That trumps me at that age.

The only reason I can figure that the doctor and her husband are together I can guess at is that he makes her laugh... when she isn't chagrined by his goofiness.  (You never see her rolling her eyes.  She keeps everything inside.  It's very rare to see her do anything emotion-based.  She is as still as a stone on the outside.  That's not to say that she can't crack a good joke now and then, because she does... and often on herself.)

So I sat through this three-hour performance which was actually pretty damn good, in my estimation.  There were kids from about age 3 or 4 to women perhaps in their 50s in the show.  And there was one young man. 

I sat an watched the show and cheered all the dancers.  It was great!

C's daughter was adorable and perfect.  She is so precocious. 

Then we finally left the theater.  C was calling me to go to her house, but I had other plans.

I checked my phone for a call from "Library Lisa."

Sure enough, it was there.  SO I drove up to the bar we go to and found her, looking intently into the eyes of a woman she just met.

Lisa bought me a soda and we chitter-chatted briefly.  Then I gazed around the bar via the mirrored dance floor wall and scoped out a place to sit near someone interesting.  I left Lisa to flirt with her new friend.

After awhile of sitting and watching the few people dancing, Lisa came over and asked if I wanted to join them outside for a joint.  I politely refused.

Lisa disappeared... for over an hour.  The drag show started at 11:30ish. 

After an act or two, I left the bar and tore off my wristband.  I was driving away when I heard Lisa's whistle.  She came over to my car and asked me to stay longer because her new squeeze was leaving, too.

So I parked and went back in and we chatted for a bit.

Lisa's very nice.  We compare and contrast nicely. 

She works with her hands, I work with my head. 

 She drinks and smokes, I'm Ms. Clean. (I do drink lightly every rare now and then.  And Sunday nights at Cristy's.) 

We both love women.  She likes petite, attractive, physically flexible, feminine women.  I love women with heart and soul and wit, whatever size or package they come in.

She is very direct and smoothly so.  She is better than me, by far, at approaching strangers.

We do have an ex-girlfriend in common.  (That was E., aka "Liz.")

I like hanging out with her more and more each time we hang out.  I guess I'm just getting used to her.  It's good to have a gay pal without sexual tension. 

Although fooling around with her might be a pleasing experience, I think it's better to have a friend.  Besides, we vary in that she is capable of superficial relationships.  I don't think I am.  I wish I was more like her.  I'd have more to talk about.

So we parted and she drove to her brother's nearby house to sleep. I drove all the way home and she called me right after I settled into bed to see that I was home safe.

And that was my Saturday.

 

3222

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So thats where you went......................
Cristy