Sunday, May 8, 2005

a male muse?

So I finally get to re-wax the top of my car and I'm wiping it clean and thinking how odd it is that Josh is like a male muse.

He asked me why I don't use live journal for blogging instead of AOL.  Maybe because my ego isn't that big?  Maybe because AOL just presented itself easily.  I got a livejournal account so that I could respond to Josh's journal.  I am trying to envision what it might be like to be a double-blogger.  I could start it and not tell anyone else... except maybe Josh... and that way I could slit my proverbial wrists and just say exactly everything on my mind. No censoring, just no last names. It's appealing.  I think about journaling throughout the day anyway.  I could go back and unedit some of the things I said.  I wonder just how down and dirty I could get!?

I think I would have to get a second account.  God knows who might be following me through the grapevine of Josh's friends. There's no way to know for sure if the library didn't discriminate aginst me because I am gay. The main reason, however, seems to be the poor vision of the little colonel. The truth is though, that the person they hired for the job I applied for is very smart and has a degree in English from Boston University.  Working at the library is sort of a step down for her.  The pay isn't that great.  Three of five women who work at my branch, however, are former school teachers....

I'm going to give the double-blogging idea some more thought.

The thing about this blogging is that I write things I might never say if not asked.  Even though you are hearing what lurks inside of me, you are not meeting me as a whole person.  I talk depressed and neurotic, but in life I am actually sort of happy-go-lucky (outside of work) and generally balanced, some would say more so than most.

I have been called passive-aggressive.  Honey, that's just another way of saying "raised Southern." 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HMMM...I find it funny that you think Josh is a muse.  LOL.  I am sure he read it though.  You could use LJ but it is up to you what you want to use.

Also!!!  Hi I am Joe.  I dunno if you remember me but I was down there durring  the Hurricanes.  http://www.livejournal.com/users/7ofbastard/  And just in case that didn't tip you off I work at Hoke right now!  Yay for library people with Blogs!

oh and visit this blog that i made...it will make you laugh...you can post to it tooo if you join it.  http://www.livejournal.com/community/amused_library/

Oh yah am I allowed to read your journal?  I should have asked that first but you are allowed to read mine.  8^)

Anonymous said...

<i>The truth is though, that the person they hired for the job I applied for is very smart and has a degree in English from Boston University.  Working at the library is sort of a step down for her.</i>

What do you do with a degree in English besides teach?  (don't tell Christina @ Blake I said that LOL)  And I can't see library work being a step down from teaching, unless maybe you were a tenured university professor.