Tuesday, May 17, 2005

3

Judi Heartsong will be happy just because I named this entry "3."

 

I have been in love three times in my life... so far.

The first love was a woman in college who was always involved with someone else.  She knows about it.  In fact, we talked about it via e-mail in just the past few months. She was the one who would stop by my dorm room to make out.  It was three years before we slept together.  The friendship, the time, that made it rich and comfortable and sweet.

The second woman was Molly.  She was a smart, beautiful, blue-eyed blonde (natural, even).  She was from Ohio.  I met her at the summer camp in Maine where I was the head canoeing instructor.   She was sweet and smart.  We were sitting on the beam of the canoe hut listening to the calls of loons and watching moonbeams when I told her I was gay.  She responded, "That's what I was hoping you would say," and put her arms around me.  She married a man a few years later and moved back to her home town.

And then there was V.  We started talking after she responded to my ad in the Yahoo! Personals.  Her words sparkled as much as her eyes. The night we kissed the light of Venus streamed across the ocean onto us. She cupped my heart in her hands. I was willing to put up with anything to be with her. I would have done anything for her.  I did the most horrible thing for her.  I let her go.

They say three is a mystical number.  Maybe it's the number of toads....

Gawd, I hope so.

3108

No comments: