Tuesday, May 3, 2005

5/3/2 double aught 5

You know what I love about writing on a computer?  The opportunity to wipe everything clean and start again, along with the miracle of being instantly published.

This morning I am trying to pep myself into going to work again.  The little colonel will be back on Thursday.  The workplace has been so pleasant and relaxed since she's been gone.  One of our co-workers was saying all of her stress has lifted, and another pointed out that we have been able to do our jobs without being constantly distracted from them.

You'd think two days of dazed relaxation would renew me for the fray, but instead I find myself so tired of what's going on that I can hardly stand to go.  It is not a healthy work environment to be questioned every moment and watched like a fat fieldmouse by a hungry raptor.  And the woman never stops talking!  Though she is actually a wonderful person (when she isn't making us collectively miserable), her voice slices through you like a pitted, rusty knife... ALL DAY LONG.

You know, when she started we would have staff meetings on Thursday mornings, but those meetings stopped... probably because they don't want our opinions anymore.

I can't feel too bad about what happened earlier when I was denied an interview because the same thing happened to someone who has been with the library for 10 years now.

It isn't us!  They send you to workshops praising things like diversity and then they want to hire automatons, yes men/women... clones of the establishment.

I may have said this already but it was only seeing my co-workers yesterday that gave me the strength to go in the building and back to work. Today, I'm going to need them again.

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish things werent so miserable for you there :(
Cristy