Thursday, May 5, 2005

Call me Reverend

In the process of cleaning, I found my ordination certificate.  That's right!  I am an ordained minister of the Universal Life Church.  You can be, too.  Instantly.

http://ulc.org/

I knew about this through people at the newspaper before I met E.  The day we met, she showed me the card in her wallet that proved she was a minister.  That was one of several clues that she was a prevaricator and it was one of the ones that set my mind against trusting her.

So I myself "got ordained.

If you go to the site you will see the following:

You can become a legally ordained minister, instantly, online, at this website. The Universal Life Church is totally non-denominational, interfaith and welcomes all religions. After you fill out the ordination form, you will receive a pop-up instant credential, which serves as your receipt of your ordination. Print it immediately.

As a ULC (Universal Life Church) minister, you can officiate one wedding ceremony or you can make weddings, funerals, baptisms, house blessings, etc. your business. You can even start your own ministry. The Universal Life Church is interfaith and non-denominational....

It continues, telling you how to get "Ministry in a Box" and a "Monastery Credential Package."

Becoming a minister is free.  Getting the bells and whistles will cost you.

"We believe you, we believe in you, we accept you - we offer our hand to you to share respect, wealth, power and influence in the world through the power of God as you believe; your beliefs count in the ULC.

We ask only that you promote the freedom of religion and do that which is right. It is up to the individual to determine what is right as long as it does not infringe on the rights of others and is within the law. That is as close to the Golden Rule as one can come."

What I want to know is where is the site that confers free degrees on you.  I'd like something like that so I can get paid more....

Oh, by the way, they also offer a Dr. of Metaphysics certificate.

And if you need someone to marry or baptize you... call me!

2732

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do you hear confessions too? I could use a nice cathartic confession.