Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Un-chain my e-mail

I don't usually forward chain mail.  I do however, like to pass along things that are fun.  I always have at least one friend who will respond.  The others...  I don't know what their problem is.  Life's too short to be taken seriously.  Here is the response to a questionnaire from one of my favorite correspondents:

Okay, I'll take a whack at this...

Your name: Chris

Where did we meet: Unity College

Take a stab at my middle name: Uh...Ellen (Note: Not.)

Do I believe in God: Of some sort, yes, tho not necessarily with a capital "G"

How long have you known me: Since 1985, more or less

Do I smoke: Hell no

What was your first impression of me upon meeting: You were kinda shy, but only up to a point. Maybe a bit out of the loop socially, definitely not glib.

Color of my eyes: Hazel to blue (brown)

Do I have any siblings: Yes

What's one of my favorite things to do: Walk, talk to neighboring bovines (the college was next to a dairy)

Do you remember one of the first things I said to you: "Are you praying?"

What's my favorite type of music: Well, this was 1985, and what I remember is women's music and reggae

What is the best feature about me: Your amazing brains and huge heart

Am I shy or outgoing: Shy until you find a comfort level, then look out

Am I a rebel or do I follow the rules: More rebel than rule queen

What's your favorite memory of me: Not a specific memory, per se, but a sense of presence, most strongly associated with a chat we had in your dorm room one night early on in my 1st term at Unity.

Any special talents: Writing and mediation

Would you consider me a friend: Absolutely, even if I haven't seen you for, like, ever

If there was one good nickname for me, what would it be: Underwood. No, really, I have no idea.

If you and I were stranded on a desert island, what is the one thing would I bring? A blank journal, but really - who plans on being stranded on a desert island? I don't even plan to get stranded at the airport.

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction." -- Blaise Pascal, theologian

So... learn anything new about me?

 

3290

No comments: