Saturday, May 28, 2005

5/28/05

I woke up and let the dogs out.  I fed the dogs and let them out again.  I took a bathe and ate and let the dogs out again.  I went to work.  I got back here at one and let the dogs out two or three more times.  I went back to work until 5:30.  At 5:30 I went to the animal hospital and did about two hours of TLC.  I was beat.  I was so glad to get back to the doctor's house.

I decided I would walk the dogs. I started out and I noticed that the black shepherd, Thor, was wiping at his eyes.  I thought maybe it was no-see-ums, so I just kept walking.  I brought the dogs home.

I decided to retire, but I walked back out to check the dogs and saw that the skin around Thor's eyes were swollen.  The hospital phone roster on the doctor's fridge is ancient.  I called C.  She said, "Call the doctor."

Well, geez... the doctor is in Europe and its five hours later there.  So I am waking up some Brits, the doctor and her husband around 2 a.m. (GULP!)

OK... she tells me what to get at the hospital and I go.  I get to the hospital and she calls and instructs me in the proper dosing and what to do if the meds don't work.

I come back home.  I remember the doctor telling me years ago that an mL and a cc are the same measure, but this is too important to botch, so I call Cristy again to verify the fact. 

The doctor advised me to bring a muzzle for Thor... but he didn't need it.  He stood for the first injection and laid down under a table through the second injection.  Such a good dog.

My alarm clock is set for midnight so I can check on his progress and I have instructions on what to do if he gets worse, including how to pay the emergency clinic.

I think everything is going to be all right.  I sure hope so. 

If it isn't, I'm gonna need some Coca-cola in a couple of hours.  I'm whipped. 

 

3318

No comments: