Monday, February 28, 2005

Monday 2/20-something

It's still gray outside with a slight promise of blue.

Don't get me wrong.  I am very happy that it's raining.  Water is essential and we need it.  Nothing is more ominous than a season of brush fires... especially now that trees and debris are everywhere since the hurricanes.

Yesterday I almost bought some beautiful potted calla-lilies and would have delivered them to V's porch without a word, without any strings.  I stood looking at these exquisite flowers for quite a while and talked myself out of it.  When someone doesn't want you in their life, there's nothing to do for it.

Besides, I didn't know if they were poisonous to cats.

People wonder why I'm losing weight.  Could it be... unhappiness?

It's Cookie, my step-mother's longtime housekeeper, who told me she could tell when I wasn't happy because I was thinner.  You know what?  I'd rather be fattening up.

Have you given your housepets clean water in a clean container today?

Did you remember to floss?

 

PS: Today is the 28th. I see that Hilary Swank won another Oscar last night.  Good for her!  I hope she remembered to thank her cry-baby husband, out-of-work actor Chad Lowe.  

He should be thanking her.  Meeoowww.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey youre lucky you got rain...another 10+ inches of snow here today...YUKKY

NJLB
http://journals.aol.com/njlittlebear/MyBigFatGeekLife

Anonymous said...

be well.... judi