Saturday, February 26, 2005

I loathe this:

Hyper-criticalness in regards to the human body.

When I was house-sitting recently, I found those popular celebrity rags in the bathroom magazine bin.  All I remember was people being picked apart for their cellulite and designer choices. 

It's sickening.

It is good for people to be healthy and fit.  That's true. 

It is not good to pick beautiful people apart.  What is the end in that? It's just pure, unadulterated meanness and petty cruelty.

Sandra Bullock is fuckin' gorgeous with a few dimples in her leg.   And nobody gives a rats' ass about Donatella Versace's derriere.  Jesus.

Celebrities only want what we all want...  to make a mark on the world and to know love.  I thank God (or name your deity) every day that I am not famous and that relatively few people know my face.

The millions they are paid are piss-poor solace for being ripped apart, pursued, dedicated to the point of altering your body.

The other bitch of fame is the down time.

PS: Anything Diane Keaton wears is fine with me.

No comments: