Sunday, February 13, 2005

the meter

There's a ticker at the bottom of the page that shows me how many time my journal has been read.  A moment ago, it said 328.  Wow.  I don't know if they count the times I add to it or not.  I am pretty sure though that it isn't just me.  I am pretty sure I haven't been here 328 times.  So if you are reading, and you feel like saying something, please do.  I don't care if it positive or negative.  You don't have to leave a name.

For so many years, I have written letters and have a book of just over 100 poems -- some which suck, some which are okay, and some that might just be damn good.  But the chance to hear what other people think, aside from people who love my work because they love me, is a special opportunity.

Mind you, the people who have been encouraging me to write a book of any kind for more than 20 years are intelligent people who know good writing.  My problem is that I can't make things up.  I can only relay what I see. 

Did you hear that?  Nora Roberts heaved a sigh of relief! (She is the bane of people who have to shelve books.  We have kind of given up on alphabetizing her shelves.)

Peace!  Busy dog day ahead of me!

No comments: