Wednesday, February 2, 2005

2/?/2005

I only know its Wednesday.  I don't know if its the first or the second.

Wait!  I have the technology!  (We call it a calendar.  In hard copy, yet.)

 OK, it's Groundhog's Day.  Wonder what happened in Punxsutawney today.  The winter has been harsh up north... bet he saw his shadow.  Yep.  I looked at Google News.  I was right.  Six more weeks of winter.

And it is my cousin Debbie's birthday.  She is an Air Force Rocket Scientist with a big rank and a big paycheck.  She was out of the Air Force, but she went back. She didn't like working for private companies -- people so rich the loss of milions of dollars of equipment meant nothing to them.

She is a Gulf War veteran.  I'm proud of her.  She was somehow spared from being in the Pentagon on "9/11."  Apparently there is a Science Building away from the building, and that's where she was that day.

I love her wit.  She says if rockets don't fly right, its not a flaw, its a "feature."

I have to stop writing and send her an e-card.  Lots to do yet before I go to work at 11.

Peace!

And Liz... if you're checking in on me...  please contact me.  A computer snafu ruined our talk last night!

No comments: