Thursday, February 24, 2005

Eggs (aka FOOD!)

I like eggs.  In fact, I crave them.  Fried sunny-side up with a runny yolk or scrambled, with a side of Jewish rye.  I don't know why.

In the last three days, I've craved cheeseburgers (Wendy's classic double.)  Sometimes, it's pizza that calls my name.

But it is not all fast food.  Sometimes it is raw tuna, with grape tomatoes, raw spinach and corn chips. I realize that may sound a little freaky to some people, but I believe that your body will tell you what it needs if you listen to it. Tuna is a good fish, and tuna steak is in vogue... which is a good thing.  I like the Mahi-Mahi sandwiches at Chris' Hurricane in Fort Pierce's south beach.  Thanks to V for taking me there.

I love the Ensalata Fiorucci at Carabba's, and not just because it is fun to say.  The piece de resistance is the little wheel of warm Fontina cheese in the center and the roasted red peppers.  I could die!

When I am ill, I have to have wonton soup from my favorite Chinese restaurant.  It fixes me up right as rain.

Shrimp mei fun.  General Tso's chicken.  Moo goo gai pan.  Almond duck.

I loved those Dole fruit juice blends, especially Pine-Orange-Banana and Mango Lime Fiesta.  (I won't complain if you put some Parrot Bay (coconut rum*) in my Mango Lime Fiesta.  Sweet!) {*everything I thought liquor was supposed to be when I was a child.}

Pizza.  Do I have to say more?  Ok, since you were wondering; sausage, red peppers, broccoli, eggplant, olives, pickles, pineapple, carrot, onion, garlic, pepperoni, prosciutto, tomatoes, mushrooms, thyme....  (NO!  Not all at once.)

Eggplant parmigiana.

Ba'sketti.

And your saying, "J., what about that lactose thing?"  And I am responding that quality milk products don't bother me and besides, if they do, it's not like I'm sleeping with anyone anyway.  Which brings us to...

Ice cream.  Vanilla, Strawberry.  And everything else.

Chocolate:  Cadbury dark.  Toblerone.  Nestle.  Hershey.  Russell Stover.             A little dab'll do ya'.

What don't I like?  Scallops.

Favorite food from travel abroad: sandwiches in a hotel across the street from Windsor Castle.  So flavorful it was insane.  Name?  Damned if I can recall.

Strawberries.

Nutella.

Odd, but fun: calamari, sushi. (I do like ginger and I do like Wasabi.)  I never see a squid that didn't make me wistful for Jacques Cousteau.

Oh, here's a good one: R.J. Gator's portabella burger.  No meat.  Big ol' 'shroom.  Yummers.

I could go on....

PS: though it would not hurt me to lose 10 pounds, I am not fat.  I am, however, cuddly.  And for the record I did some time as a vegetarian.  Ten years, in fact.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well isn't this a swell entry to read if you're on a diet ....Thanks now im Starving !!!!

NJLB
http://journals.aol.com/njlittlebear/MyBigFatGeekLife