Sunday, February 27, 2005

I love Easter.

Easter is a great holiday, arguably the greatest holiday, at least in the Christian tradition.

I'm not jusy saying that because of the abundance of candy... though that certainly adds to the appeal.

Easter is lovely.  Spring.  The air is fresh.  The grass is usually green.  Warmth is more present.  Things planted in the fall start to bud.

Easter is important because it marks the fulfillment of God's covenant with man.

He sent his son to reconcile our accounts.  There is nothing more truly awesome than that.

The gift of chocolate to mankind pales in comparison but is still very much appreciated.  Way to go, God!

For the record, I do not believe that Christianity is the true and only religion. I have appreciation for all religions and cultures. 

I took a quiz on Belief.net and they pegged my true religion as liberal Quaker.  That's cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chocolate....yummmmmmmm

NJLB
http://journals.aol.com/njlittlebear/MyBigFatGeekLife