Thursday, February 10, 2005

another day in paradise

I was in a tired and very unhappy mood today.  I lost the game with a new "chatter."

It wasn't until later in the day that things started getting better.  I found out a friend has found love.

Then someone new IMed me and things went bad again.  Some people can't handle my brand of honesty.  I am not going to try to be shiny and beautiful.  I am flawed.  I am not better than you or my neighbor. I will say EXACTLY what's on my mind, without artifice or condescension.

I am not perky and I am far from perfect. 

It will take someone special to love me.  So far the best offer I have had is from a man in California who talks really sweetly to me.  I am circumspect about talking to this sweet fellow more than I already have because I don't want to encourage him about any prospect of a serious relationship.

Life is a learning process.   A few things you have to remember:

a. You are not responsible for other people's feelings or actions.

b. Love is the way, but sometimes debate and dissent are side-trips you just can't miss.

The truth is that I "suffer" depression.  That is not my fault.  It is something I must fight on a daily basis.  I have learned to be grateful that people come into your life and then leave rapidly.  It is so much better to end something than to carry on a false life and have it end so much farther down the road when you've changed your life to fit around the lie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PLEASE, do not worry yourself about that guy in California. I'm sure that he sees you as a friend and a confidant. I'm sure that he enjoyed chatting with you and probably would enjoy it again. Did you tell him of your preference towards women ? If so, he knows where he stands, I'm sure of it. Besides, it doesn't appear that he has the "right" equiptment for you anyways!! But, do chat with him again, esp. if he made you feel good.