Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Tuesday 8/16

With the window a/c and fan going it's still 90 inside my trailer.  Better to relax.  It is hot, but if it's good enough for my cat it's good enough for me.

I've been wanting to write about my latest visit to Em and I will.

I was happy today to chat with JH, a fellow blogger and someone really special in the world.  It's good to share with a relative stranger and know that she isn't going to expect anything else except the sharing of ideas from time to time.

Almost everyone else wants something fom you, whether they ask it or not.

 

OK, I guess I'll get to it.

I waited what seemed like forever on Saturday to hear from Em.

She finally called and told me that she had been in the hospital.  After having kidney stones removed, she is now having pain associated, perhaps, with her liver.  That really sucks

I travelled to her, having purchased a Sunpass transponder early that morning.  By the time I finally got to the turnpike to go to her, it was fired up. 

The Sunpass is a plastic box that makes automatic toll payments (and also pays parking fees at some airports) via radio waves when you travel in Florida. That way you don't have to stop and dig for change. The little box is $25, and then you have to pay a set amount of your own choosing to get it ready for charges. (You can go on the SunPass website and give your transponder a friendly name, like "Fred.")  I haven't named mine.

I got there and we talked and decided what to have for dinner.  I went downstairs and washed her dishes by hand.

The next morning I got up and started doing laundry.  I fed her again and she mostly stayed in her room in the dark.  She did get up to go meet her ex to exchange some items... gifts for her older son, for one.

I played with her dog and moved laundry while she was gone.

She came back and we ate again and when I got the laundry down to one load to go and one in the dryer, I decided it was time to leave.

It took me an extra half-hour to get home because I meandered, stopping by Terry's house in Lake Worth to drop off a Kerry campaign pin that I acquired for Melissa's mom last year but had never delivered.

There is so much road construction going on that you have to sail out of your way to get back on the turnpike in some places... which seemed to be all the places I chose. lol

Instead of going home, I went to Cristy's for Sunday night couch-sitting/TV-viewing.

What am I leaving out?  Yes, I cuddled her, too. I stroked her face and pulled her hair and kissed her lips and her brow.  I softly spoke "I love you" to her in Hebrew, German and Spanish.  She said she didn't know what I was saying but she pulled me closer.

She became feverish on Sunday but she isn't allowed to take medications because of the condition of her liver.  She probably took something anyhow.

I don't know when I'll get to see her again. It might not be until next month.

You know, I can almost see how it's gonna go. 

I meet this great woman.  We're compatible.  Speaking for myself, I love her company, her wit, her vivacity, her voice, her hands, her dark, expressive eyes.

And here is this big thing looming over us. She's sick.  Maybe very seriously.

She's either going to allow me to love all of her or she's going to say it isn't fair to put me through it and push me away.

But I wrote her this morning and I said that I believe in that people are in our lives for a season, a reason or a lifetime....

I'm waiting to see what it is with her.  And with the visits being far between timewise, it could take a while to find out.

But when she's ready to talk on the phone, it can be hours and hours.  I can sleep some other time. Her voice slips down my ears and coats my heart inside.

 

4922-23

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a good friend, and a good person to share ideas with. judi