Saturday, August 13, 2005

Earth, Wind and Fire, part two

Where was I?

Oh, yeah... so the work day ends and I decide to go directly to Cristy's (aka relentlessly blinking cursor WHO BY THE WAY HAS NOT JOURNALED IN QUITE A WHILE... <<poke poke>>)

So I went and found Geoff there, but no Barry or Sandy :o< Lisa showed up and after two other friends showed up, we lit out for West Palm Beach.

The activity in the car was primarily Cristy fussing at Derek to change the radio station to find something she could sing along to.

We arrived at the amphitheatre where Geoff has reserved parking :O  And slipped in through the VIP area. Fa-fa-fah. Harumph.

We made our way to the box to find Geoff's boss' daughter and her friend, and Geoff's cedar cooler full of libation.

EWF played first by toss of the coin.  It's pretty obvious that Earth, Wind and Fire and Chicago are close friends and have been so for ages. 

The concert was very good.  I enjoyed watching women dressed for summer dancing at their seats.

Nothing remarkable happened.  Experienced entertainers played their hearts out to an appreciative crowd.  It was much fun.

Then we left and headed out before the concert's end and it was decided that we would stop for breakfast at midnight.  I borrowed Cristy's cell phone to call my girl, Em.

Unfortunately, I woke her up... but that's what she gets for telling me to call her whenever I get in.  I wasn't yet home but didn't want to call her any later than it already was.

We ate, and laughed at Geoff, who was definitely  drunk.  We moved outside while Derek paid the bill.  At that point, Em called back.  Cristy answered and Em was confused about who she was talking to.  She said that Cristy and I sound alike.  So Em got passed around and said Hello to my friends and we talked some. 

Then when we were getting in the car, I made the mistake of passing the phone to Geoff.  Geoff is a rascally scalawag.  But what do you expect from a young (He's... what? 28?), cute, single, well-paid young man.  Bubba has a BMW and a Rolex.

So Geoff got the phone and as we found our way onto I-95, he asked my new lover things I couldn't believe.  It was an interrogation.  Her age, her weight, her hair color, what brand of cigarettes she smokes...  the boy is too much.  And Derek was sitting between us while I poked, pinched, pulled and grabbed at Geoff to try and get my girlfriend back from him.

Finally, by the time we got to the offramp to home, he hands my baby to me.  I apologized and I could see her eyes rolling at his sheer crust.

I love my friends but they need to not bother my sweetheart.  Geoff actually did invite my Em over for "Pizza Night," the traditional Friday night gathering at Derek and Cristy's.  But I think we need to wait until my place is presentable.  I need to have a place for Em to sleep if she ends up needing to stay over.  My comfy single air mattress on the floor suits me, but not all women are campers and honestly, if I shared this humble pallet, someone would likely fall off....

So that was my day and my night.

I wonder what today will hold.

No comments: