Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Gerald and Linda and Hope

Again in the grocery store this evening, the last man I kissed was sneaking up on me.  This time he pulled his cap down over his eyes and was talking on his cellphone and walking towards me.  This time I saw him.  I put out my hand to stop him at chest level.  He just laughed and handed me the phone so I could say Hello to his wife.

I chatted with her just a brief moment.  Of course, she wanted to gossip.  He rescued me by saying he didn't want his minutes used up.  (Something Linda is very capable of!)  It's so funny though.  I have been away from these people for four years and yet it's like yesterday when I run into Gerald.  He's a nice guy.  He knows so much about me and yet he likes me, regardless.

I mused on this as I left the store.  These people really are my friends. And I'm just now realizing it.

(Hope is their daughter.)

No comments: