Tuesday, August 2, 2005

test results

Before I forget... I have been wrapped up in other things going on....

Today I went for the results of my STD test.  i arrived about 10 minutes early and waited about 30 or 40 minutes past my appointment time.  I was called in and I waited several more minutes in an exam room.

A doctor came in and asked for my ID.  He asked if I had sex since my previous visit and then he pulled himself over to me and showed me...

negative, negative, negative, negative...

no chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, HIV, etc.  Clean.

That was it.  I was done.  He said come back in 6 months for another HIV test. 

The wait was a minor inconvenience.

Had I received positive results, he would have given me information and further advice.  I believe they would have set up counseling and disclosure info. for previous partners.

I am happy with my results.  I was confident that I was disease-free before the test, but I did have a small doubt.  It is good to know I'm clean.

I am not happy that no one has commented.  I hope this helps someone else.

 

No comments: