Friday, August 12, 2005

The store that ate America

You know what I'm talking about:

"The Mart"

"Wally World"

"Waa-Maa"

Everybody I know has some nickname for the place we go because we are lazy, we don't care that much about supporting our neighbors shops, and we like affordable Chinese stuff.

Yes, Wal-Mart does sell American-made materials, too.  You have to give them that.  They just don't do it as often as they could because you want name brands.

I scanned an article today on AOL about Wal-Mart following Target's ideas... nicer stuff at a discount.  Well, Target is 20 miles from my house whereas Wal-Mart is about 12... but if I'm going that far anyway, and sometimes if I'm not, I prefer Target.

A:  You can move in the aisles.

B: They have more/nicer choices in the kind of things I shop for.

c: Fewer people are there because it's closer to the Wal-Mart SuperCenter and the Mall.

My other options for shopping are specialty stores and online retailers.

(Oohhh!  A chance to plug Campmor www.campmor.com! Been doing business with them for over 20 years.)

I just ordered my Halloween costume online.

I just got a portion of the costume yesterday.  I'm not saying what portion because my friends do not know what I have chosen to be this year.  I have made the leap from a shirt two years ago, to a party costume and a mask last year.

This year, if the bulk of the costume comes in time...

but I am digressing.  Yes, I will go to Wal-Mart... for things that I can't find in Publix.  I am not a mall shopper though.

I like going to TJ Maxx and even Goodwill... and I recently made a haul at the local Beall's.

Oi gevalt!  I have to stop typing and get ready for work!  See ya!  More later, maybe. 

 

 

No comments: