Sunday, August 21, 2005

professional proficiency

So I set up that new tent in the backyard this morning.  It's ok.  It has two windows in the roof that do not have covers.  Definitely not four-season except for hearty people and Floridians.  My old tent is still viable but I wanted back-up.

Now I realize that I will need something warm to sleep in when I use that tent.

I set that tent up easily by myself.  I would have been a professional outdoorswoman if my life had followed the course I was setting it on.  It's only natural that I had no trouble.  But when I took it down, I realized that fitting it back into the cute little zip-up tote that it came in is next to impossible.  They must have a machine that rolls that darn things up and boxes them.  Let's see if we can find a 30" stuff sack today.  I suppose I could take it back outside and attempt to roll it tighter... but I perspireed enough this morning to warrant staying cool inside the rest of the day.

So much for would-have-been.

My step-sister is heading back to college with my step-mom and father taking a van up with the rest of her things.  This year she has an apartment so a lot more things have gone with her, including her cat.

I'm going to head over there to watch the dogs and inhibit orgies hosted by my step-brother.  It'll be nice because they have clean water, a bathtub and a dryer to go with their washer.  That's real luxury to me.

I was packing up to go but Dad called about 11:30 to say they were leaving just then.  A late start; typical because my step-mother is incredibly anxious at the start of journeys....  And I thought I was bad.  At least I always leave on time.

I got the rest of my Halloween costume a few days ago. It's been fun.  But I can't reveal what it is because people I want to surprise are readers of this blurb.

I want to surprise my friends and then go out and cut up incognito at the fabled bar which I have described in previous entries.

I need some make-up though.  I need to change the shade of the skin on my face, otherwise my eyes will look peculiar.

I haven't dressed for Halloween since I was a little kid.  I don't know why I am in the spirit now.  I'm either making up for lost time or having a mid-life crisis.

It's not the equivalent of a sports car when you start to go bald.  I am getting some loving from time-to-time. I don'thave anything to prove.  Maybe just the idea that it is such a big deal at Cristy's is infectious.  It's not the worst thing... except that I could have used that money for, oh... I don't know... food, the power bill, gasoline....

Sometimes though, you gotta just be wild.  Throw caution to the wind.  Spend some money you could use for reality on frivolity.  Live life like you weren't afraid.  Love your friends like there's no tomorrow.

Blow big bucks on a costume you'll probably only wear once.  I can loan it to someone else next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hope all goes well.... judi