Thursday, August 18, 2005

giant carabiners and other stuff

I was thinking, today, about all of the cool things they sell in hardware stores these days.  Canvas cellphone holsters, giant carabiners with hand grips for toting big stuff.... (When I first saw one last year, I responded, "Damn, why didn't I think of that?"

Okay, no point to that, I was just thinking.

 

 

Several days ago, I bought a new tent.  I couldn't help myself.  I thought of it as a hurricane supply.  I have a tent.  An Eureka! A-frame that I bought when I was at college some ((cough)) 21 years ago.  This new tent is a four-person Coleman tent.  I saw it at BJs and it spoke to me.  It said, "I am only 37 dollars and your trusty old tent is OLD."  It's big.  I haven't set it up yet, but I will.  I've been wanting to go camping.  I haven't been camping since we spent Thanksgiving on the Seminole reservation.  I guess that's two or three years ago now.  I made sure to load up my camping gear when I fled the trailer for Hurricanes Frances and Jeanne.  Well, now I'm ready... for camping.  For sheltering other people. For whatever use a big ol' tent might satisfy.

 

 

At work, I google my journal and I am starting to find it and links to Judi and other journal on strange web pages.  How do they get there?  Why are they there?  Do I have some underground following?  What's up with that?

Now I fully understand that what is found on the internet is subject to free and open harvest but I wish these folks would tell you what they're doing and why.

 

 

I'm thinking about my pal, Cristy.  Her grandmother died just shy of a birthday.  The family had plans for a big reunion surprise birthday.  Cristy's grandmother had never met Cristy's beautiful, precocious daughter.  Now she has to wait a little longer, but she can see her.

 

 

Today was an unusual days.  I am pretty sure that I ate from all of the food groups today.  I had eggs, orange juice, bread, spinach, lettuce, grape tomatoes, tuna fish, peaches, cheese, grapes, two vanilla wafers, chicken, corn chips and noodle salad.  It was such a treat to eat a lot of different things.  I usually only eat twice a day and its usually eggs, toast, juice and a frozen dinner for lunch. (And my current food freak is Edy's Cherry Chocolate Chip ice cream... but Publix was out today.  Imagine my chagrin!  I couldn't choose a substitute.  My heart was mildly broken.  I do have vanilla in the fridge, and orange blossom honey to dribble over it.) Today I answered the cry for fresh raw vegetables, protein and carbohydrates.  It was a good day.  I got the cheese and grapes from Maureen... I went to the grocery store on the lunch hour and brought her potato chips that she was craving.  She shared her cheese and grapes.  I shared my grape tomatoes.

I come home for lunch 99.9% of the time, but yesterday it was so hot here at home... and when I got back to the library after nearly getting taken out by a car speeding through the construction zone, I didn't want to get back out on the road.

 

4973

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

giant carabiners ............... interesting considering recent discussions.......
:) judi