Monday, August 22, 2005

2:02 a.m. Tuesday

I have been awake since probably just before 1.

I went to bed very early.  I came home, chatted with my Dad by phone, finished watching a movie, undressed and fell asleep. In between there was paying attention to the cat and eating ice cream.

Yesterday was just another day.  Today I have missions to accomplish.

My step-mom is having a proclamation made by the county commission in honor of women's right to vote this morning. 

There is a a large piece of copper from their shower floor for me to take to the recycling yard.

I have to find Ramona to get a key and instructions for house-sitting this weekend.

Funny thing about this weekend... before Em came along I had plans to get together with someone.  Now it looks like I might be spending the time alone.  That's okay, I guess, but it makes me sad.

Cristy should be back from Nebraska today.  I hope she's okay.

And I have to go to the bank to put in some checks from various sources.  They add up to about $100.  That might not be a lot to you but to me that's the power and telephone bills with some to spare.  Although its been so hot this month that my power bill is up by more than twice as much.

I feel like I need a new distraction in my life.  What that should be, however, I don't know yet.

I talked to a friend about starting a pet/house-sitting service.  It's the only thing that makes sense to me.  The joke of trying to find a good-paying job when you are older and not cute... forget about it.

I am not tall, lanky, smooth-skinned or terribly feminine.  My teeth are not $500 white.  Some days my hair makes a statement all it's own.  I know what they're buying.  I do not reek of that magic juice even when I try.  The best I can do is wear pink shirts and envision a cocky kind of confidence for the interview. 

But here's a new chance.  I can hire myself. 

 

I know two Columbians who teach Spanish.  I made the mistake of mentioning it to one of the library patrons and now she wants one of them to immerse her in it so she'll be ready to survive when she rents a house in Mexico.  That means I have to find the Columbians.  They are both library patrons but they are both scarce.

I can e-mail my buddy Carlos, but I have to do a little more to "get a hold" of Gloria.  Shecleans houses AND teaches through the local Borders bookstore.  The problem is that information about library patrons is absolutely private.  I can't share names, or any information.

Our branch manager puts it this way in the back room: We love ya', but not that much! (Not enough to go to jail for it.)

There are so many actual tasks to accomplish today that I'm going to have to make a list.  If I had my choice, I'd be doing next to nothing and staying home.

No comments: