Monday, July 4, 2005

Yesterday...

...I mowed the lawn, showered, went to Dad's to see about their dogs... including sedating the collie, drove to Sandy's and saw that there were few cars there so I left, thinking maybe I had the wrong day. 

I drove back to my father's house and changed my clothes (from shorts to jeans) and talked to my sister's friend who is living with them (she is an orphan).  She, Cassandra, asked me about the gay bars in PSL.  I gave her my phone number so she can call if she wants to go. Working at Walgreen's, she has made friends with a drag queen who comes in for make-up.

I drove back to PSL to find the Unity chapel where the MCC meets.  There were two cars there.  That intimate of a church experience is not what I need or want.

I drove past Sandy's again and started for home.  I stopped for food and was about 8 miles when I checked my cell phone and saw messages from my friends.  I called them and turned around.  Fourth time was the charm.  It turns out that everyone had parked in other driveways to avoid the debris from the planned fireworks extravaganza.

I'm not really daft, but I could use a few clues now and then, my peeps!

Anyway, I finally got there and was greeted by a unanimous "Jeeeaaannnnnnn!" when I walked in the door.  That made me smile and laugh.  Even people I didn't know were greeting me.  Sweet!  It's good to feel loved.

I spent the rest of the day until about 7:30 or 8 this morning there.

With the a/c and 3 fans on, it's about 84 degrees Fahrenheit INSIDE today. 

That's the summer of '05 for you.  If it isn't wetter than Davy Jones' then its as hot as the blazes.

HOW ARE YOU CELEBRATING THIS WEEKEND?

 

No comments: