Sunday, July 31, 2005

7/30... the evening hours

I got home and was grumpy, but I went anyway.  Cristy IMed and it sort of coaxed me to go.  I would have gone anyway because I told people I would and I generally keep my word, but encouragement helped.

I met up with Library Lisa and her friends, one of whom I had ogled when she sat down.  She looked over at me, too.  Nope, no instant chemistry but when Lisa finally dragged herself over I enjoyed watching this new woman cavorting.

This new gal, let's call her "R," reminds me of V's best bud, P.  (The one I made the "no dope" vow to.)  I almost broke the "no dope" vow last night but I was driving and I refused the offer.

I think I should keep the promise for my own self-respect.  I wonder if V swore off. Not my concern I know. Next topic....

Before the show started, I was watching this woman who had the whole thing going on.  Syncopation.  All parts in motion.  She was older, and dapper in a black vest and tie.   She was dancing for two hours or so and I was enjoying watching her have fun.  She danced alone or flirtily danced with anyone nearby.  I was tempted to go put a dollar in her pants... but she probably would have grabbed me to dance.

So I watched people dancing and my sister and her friends arrived.  They stood around and wanted to dane but didn't.  They enjoyed the show and laughed at the queens' dirty jokes.

I kept daring them to give a queen a dollar.  Finally, Kelli was harrassing a woman and lifting her blouse.  I walked over and gave the woman a dollar in her shirt.  The crowd cheered and Kelli slapped my arm for it.

I probably wouldn't have done it but with my sister there I was inspired.

I still don't feel like dancing in public. Mumble mumble knees. Mumble mumble feet.  I used to dance but it was so long ago.  I don't think I have the same... flare.

So I left the bar about 1:20.  I would have stayed later with my sister but I have a promise to keep this morning and needed some rest.

My promise involves travel and cleaning supplies. A change of clothes might be a good idea, too. 

I might be gone all day, Cristy.  Are we gathering tonight?

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

of course we are dear :)

Cristy