Tuesday, July 12, 2005

kosher salt (of the earth) and I'm a schmuck

It's all about me, isn't it? Damn.

I had really been enjoying conversations and getting into this woman I met online.

The complication: kidney stones... hers.

I could have waited or I could have been even more attentive. Here's this wonderful person who is in terrible, unimaginable pain... over the weekend I feared that se had been hospitalized when I couldn't reach her or even find her sons online. I got scared though... that maybe I had said or done something that offended her....

People find it so easy to turn the ice on you. I felt it necessary to protect myself. But I called. I wrote. I IMed. My urge to protect myself over took me.

In doing so, I offended her last piece of patience in the midst of her agony. She told me goodbye. I'm very sad about that.

I wanted to do more for her. She wouldn't even let me send flowers. She has her right to protect herself and her kids. She is strong and smart. A lioness with definite opinions and the chutzpah to share them. I tried to leave it open. I think, though, that done is done when you are dealing with someone so strong-willed.

I pray that she is blessed with great people in her life, someone just a little more patient and less self-protective....

Still, the door is open for her. Lucky is the next one she meets....

No comments: